However, we sometimes have clients that question the utility and value of the process. Getting a permit is worthwhile. Consider the following reasons:
- A licensed and bonded contractor will get a permit if required by the work.
- Using a licensed and bonded contractor protects you through the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- A permit review helps to ensure that the construction meets current building codes*.
- Real estate transactions discover un-permitted work, resulting in requirements for retroactive permits prior to appraisal and sale. Pay now or pay later.
* Your design professional is also responsible to design to current building codes.