The Las Vegas Ward 5 Chamber of Commerce & Green Talk Radio will be celebrating Women's History Month by acknowledging women who have made significant strides in the green economy.
To check out these dynamic women see the upcoming "green" edition of the Las Vegas Uptown News. Honorees will be announced on March 18, 2010, 12:30 p.m. at La Scala's Restaurant during Green Talk Radio's "Lunch and Learn."
UPDATE...the honorees are:
- Richann Bender - Exec Dir California-Nevada Super Speed Train Commission
- Anne M. Johnson - Architect
- Rosalind Brooks - Tonopah Community Garden
- Cindy Ortega - Sr VP MGM Mirage Energy and Environmental Services Division
- Emily Covelli - DECOLights
- Emily Huffman - Energy Educator for NV Energy
- Betty Wolfe - Wolfe Drop Box Services
- Su Phelps- Lakewood Recycling
- Julie Johnson - Employer Resource Specialist, Las Vegas Clark County Urban League